Forums

Full Version: Exception on termination
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there,

I'm running into an annoying Problem. I'm using Delphi 2010 (RAD Studio) and installed Instrument-Lab directly downloaded from here.

These components are terrific, enough said Wink

However, when terminating my program, an Exception is thrown: Access violation @$77678E19 in module ntdll.dll, write of Address $14. Okay, this Message doesn't help, I know.

I'm using madExcept and this fine piece of code gives a lot of more information - including the fact, this error occurs inside these components:

Code:
main thread ($1abc):
77678e19 +00099 ntdll.dll
77678d23 +16a63 ntdll.dll                                      RtlEnterCriticalSection
006045ba +0000a RestZeitDispo.exe OWPins             14183  +1 TOWCriticalSection.Enter
0069bc4c +00008 RestZeitDispo.exe ILAnalogInstrument  1255  +1 TILAngularHand.GetCurrentAngle
0069e13c +0008c RestZeitDispo.exe ILAngularGauge       768 +12 TILBasicAngularGauge.PopulateValue
0069e1d0 +0003c RestZeitDispo.exe ILAngularGauge       796  +5 TILBasicAngularGauge.InvalidateRange
00696563 +00013 RestZeitDispo.exe ULBasicControl      1107  +1 TULCaptionCollectionItem.Destroy
00405a04 +00008 RestZeitDispo.exe System               758  +0 TObject.Free

What am I doing wrong with just terminating my program ? Did I miss any specific cleanup-procedures ?

Complete Bugreport attached here for further studies.

Thanks for help !

Dave

Hi! Do you get the same result when running one of the IL demos?

Regards,
Dave
I had to test this. So I fired up Delphi (which opens my project automatically) and immediately closed this Project - resulting in exactly the same Error. Maybe we're hunting ghosts here and we're fiddling around with a compiler Bug.

In the end none of the examples showed this problem. Not when terminating that example and not when closing the project.

This error is extremely weird, as it occurs after the final "end;" of my FormDestroy-procedure. I can see how the modules get unloaded, but then:

Module loaded: PROPSYS.dll
Module loaded: NTMARTA.dll
Module loaded: WLDAP32.dll (What may this be good for ?)

Then a Thread gets started and terminated immediately and the error pops up. This is reproduceable and always the same, except for the ThreadID (of course Big Grin).
Reference URL's