Forums

Full Version: How to set independent delays L/R channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, first sorry my bad english

in my program, i must to set different delays for left and right channels. how can I do this?

thanks
anyone ???

Dave

Hi, try 2 seperate delays.

Regards,
Dave
Hi Dave, thank you for answer

i tried for a long time use this:

DSAudioPlayer1 | --> DelayLine1 --> DSAudioOut1
.....................|--> DelayLine2 --> DSAudioOut2

DSAudioOut1.balance= -10000 and DSAudioOut2.balance= 10000

but didn´t work, the channels play out of synchronism

so i tried a new configuration and works fine

DSAudioPlayer1 --> ChannelSplitter1| --> DelayLine1 --> | ChannelMerger1| --> DSAudioOut1
.................................................|--> DelayLine2 --> |

however i have another problem, the delay of DelayLine componente don´t allow decimal value (it´s long type)

i need to work with smaller values than milisecond, ideally 1/100 milisecond to set the different distances of listener to speakers in centimeters
it´s possible?

thanks

Dave

Indeed it's an integer value. Depending on your samplerate you could try setting the DelayValue->Mode to dmSamples and use a very high samplerate and small buffersize but...
in your case, because of the very short delay, you'd probably be better off using an ALGenericFilter and write the delay yourself.

Regards,
Dave
i'm a beginner programmer

any example of delay code for this generic filter?

again very very thank you

Dave

Sorry no samplecode and i was just throwing ideas but you can have a look at various demos that use GenericFilters, understanding a VLGenericFilter might help you on your way; they are very similar in operation.
ok, thank you anyway
Reference URL's