Forums

Full Version: VLScreenCapture color problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I mentioned this in another thread but it's now a single show-stopper.

I have a rather simple application that uses a VLScreenCapture and VLDSVideoLogger to record a monitor's content to video. Everything works great, except when video is played on the monitor.

In my capture application, and in the video it creates, the colors are badly distorted, as if the RGB bits are being misinterpreted.

I've tried this on different computers and with different encoders for the logger (and with different types of loggers), but the problem appears to follow the VLDSScreenCapture.

-ted

Dave

What do you use to play the video you're recording, MP or something self-made?
I've tried it with Windows MP and VLC Media Player playing the video.

Doesn't seem to make a difference how it's being played -- should it?

Dave

Just asking to test this, what if you run 2 videos at the same time and record them?
No change -- playing 1, 2, or 3 videos, all have the same color distortion problem. I've emailed you a snapshot of what I'm seeing.

Dave

Looks like it's 4bit or something, poor indeed.. You record from an extended desktop or 2nd monitor right? I assume that isn't set to a very low color quality.
I'm recording the second monitor (the right half of an extended desktop). My NVIDIA Control Panel confirms "Highest (32-bit)" color depth on both monitors.

Dave

I'll try that, on my main monitor all looked fine. Did you try that already btw?
Yes, I tried changing up the monitors, using every combination, no change.

Dave

Original:
[Image: fxwdhu.jpg]

Capped:
[Image: xbz66v.jpg]

You gotta make sure you use the same image and region size, to have it displayed good the display should have the same size too but that's probably not the problem as long as it records fine.

Regards,
Dave
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's