Forums
C# and component visibility between Forms - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://mitov.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FireMonkey Components (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: VideoLab (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: C# and component visibility between Forms (/thread-8.html)

C# and component visibility between Forms - Ted Wagner - 11-08-2011 01:16 AM

While learning how to use VideoLab, I'm prototyping my video application in both Delphi7 and C# (via Visual Studio 2010).

The Delphi side has gone well and so far I'm pretty jazzed about what VideoLab can do.

On the C# side I'm having trouble getting my DSVideoFilter on one form to connect to an ImageDisplay that's on another form. I've set all Modifiers properties to Public, but I still can't get the OpenWire pin editor to show anything accept what's on the first form.

(The pin editor in Delphi has a control that lets me see components on other forms, I do not see this control from C#.)

Is there a design-time way to do this, or will I have to solve this at runtime or with additional designer code?

~ted

RE: C# and component visibility between Forms - Dave - 11-08-2011 06:40 AM

Although on C++Builder i also couldn't connect two components on different forms with the OWE. For now you'd better try it with code then i guess.

Dave

RE: C# and component visibility between Forms - Ted Wagner - 11-08-2011 06:52 AM

(11-08-2011 06:40 AM)Dave Wrote:  Although on C++Builder i also couldn't connect two components on different forms with the OWE. For now you'd better try it with code then i guess.

Dave

I did figure out an acceptable workaround -- creating the ImageDisplay on the main form at design time, and changing its owner to the other form at runtime. So far this is working good.

RE: C# and component visibility between Forms - mitov - 11-09-2011 11:50 AM

(11-08-2011 06:40 AM)Dave Wrote:  Although on C++Builder i also couldn't connect two components on different forms with the OWE. For now you'd better try it with code then i guess.

Hi Dave,

I have dressed this in Delphi and C++ Builder and will see to make build soon. In .NET I have not found a good way to do it at design time so far :-( .

Cheers,
Boian

RE: C# and component visibility between Forms - wtwose - 12-13-2011 02:58 AM

Hello to everyone!

I´m having the same problem.
Trying to have a small video window on main screen, and a copy on a secondary screen on fullscreen mode.

Tipicall situation on live video mixing... One Form for main program and execution, and several Form2, Form3... for full screen. Depending on available outputs.

Can anyone solved this on C#?
Can anyone give me a hint on how to do it?
Output pins and input pins are not visible between Forms...

Thanks!

RE: C# and component visibility between Forms - mitafnath - 03-29-2012 07:04 PM

Hi guys I am learning C programing and I joined this forum to learn it in better way by means of question and answers. I want to create a video file but I have no idea how to do that. Can anybody guide me with the basics so at least I can start the project.