Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Play video from Memory Stream
11-18-2014, 12:32 AM
Play video from Memory Stream
Kinda the same question as CapeCodGunny posted but different.

I am working with the Canon SDK and trying to display a live view image. The camera and SDK sends the live view image out as a JPEG stream. I need to decompress and display it as it comes in. All I have to work with is a pointer to the beginning of the memory stream and a size variable. I'm not exactly sure what the size variable is telling me, may contain the size of each frame.

I know I will need a VLDSImageDisplay control but not sure what I need to put in front of it to grab the stream and decompress the JPEG video so I can display it.

I'm researching exactly what encoding is used for the JPEG stream but am thinking whatever control we end up using will be able to handle whatever it is. I will also look at the Buffer control suggested in the other thread but suspect it won't decode the video.

Any ideas and Thanks...

EDIT: May have a bigger issue with trying to use Video Lab for this. I'm using an older version (4.5 ) with Builder 5 and looks like I don't have a IVLImageBuffer component. Can any of the controls in version 4.5 accept input from a memory stream?
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Play video from Memory Stream - BReeves - 11-18-2014 12:32 AM
RE: Play video from Memory Stream - Dave - 11-18-2014, 10:31 AM
RE: Play video from Memory Stream - BReeves - 11-18-2014, 08:32 PM
RE: Play video from Memory Stream - Dave - 11-18-2014, 09:33 PM
RE: Play video from Memory Stream - BReeves - 11-19-2014, 10:18 PM
RE: Play video from Memory Stream - Dave - 11-20-2014, 01:00 AM
RE: Play video from Memory Stream - BReeves - 11-28-2014, 10:03 PM