Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Solved: Serious Problem #2 - Videos do not start everytime
08-29-2013, 05:24 PM
RE: Serious Problem #2 - Videos do not start everytime
Dear Peter

Thank you for your Reply!
Sorry for the late answer - lot of work ...

The vertical flip occurs not only for "live inputs via grabber cards", but also for playing media files. (I think you know this already ...)

Mitov answered us:
"Hi Fritz, there's a workaround until something permanent is ready. Turns out there's an issue with the videoformat hence you can place a VLChangeFormat directly behind the VLDSVideoPlayer and set the format to either vfRGB24 or vfRGBA32. This should get rid of the vertical flipping."

But this is not correct for all cases ...

Basically Mitov has to solve the problem - because every "workaround" costs "CPU Power", "Latency" or others - and this is not practicable for a "time critical app".

AND (!!!!!):
If there is a "workaraound" that works everytime 100% ...
But that is not the case !!!
The "vertical flip" Problem occurs sometimes and sometimes not, that is a very serious problem, because you can not tell the customer to ... (do whatever) ...

Regards
Fritz

(08-26-2013 09:45 PM)Peter Wrote:  Dear,

My application is able to display different framegrabbers.
I have a similar problem since I have upgrade my Videolab lib from 5.2 to 6.0

On initializing a VideoSource the image is sometimes mirrored.
=> Selecting another VideoSource and go back to the current Videosource solves the problem in most cases.
This solution is not acceptable in the application but maybe it gives Mitov a clue where the problem is located.

I have just send an email to Boian Mitov with this problem.

Greetings, Peter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Serious Problem #2 - Videos do not start everytime - rawvalue - 08-29-2013 05:24 PM