Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to move gauge needles with a mouse or touchscreen
12-29-2011, 09:20 AM
RE: How to move gauge needles with a mouse or touchscreen
(12-28-2011 12:38 PM)feinstei Wrote:  A little bit of my background (so you know who you're dealing with).... I am a Win32 coder (native "C" on Win32) with very little experience with .NET. Unfortunately, it seems that your product can only be used under MFC (yuck) and .NET (less-yuck, but still not ideal -- I'd rather have you send Window Messages to my window loop and let me respond to them). However, I am very pleased with the performance and graphics of your .NET product and am implementing use of your gauge product on C# .NET using Visual Studio 2010 Forms programming.

While I can certainly successfully display positions on your Angular Gauge object in C#.NET (NET 4.0), I am bewildered as to how to manually move the needle of a basic angular gauge using the mouse. What I want to implement is to use a mouse (or touchscreen) to allow the user to drag a gauge needle to a certain position and then notify my program as to where the position on the gauge that the needle is pointing at.

Hi Feinstei,

Thank you!
1. You can use the "MFC" version in native non MFC applications. It is actually stated, but most people still get confused and think the library requires MFC.
2. All you need to do is add a new ExternalGaugeControlHandElement to the gauge, and you can control it with the mouse.

With best regards,
Boian Mitov
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to move gauge needles with a mouse or touchscreen - mitov - 12-29-2011 09:20 AM