Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
From VLScreenCapture to web ... any tips?
12-21-2011, 01:00 AM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2011 01:42 AM by Ted Wagner.)
RE: From VLScreenCapture to web ... any tips?
Thanks Dave -- this was helpful -- I had done these steps before but it just occurred to me that the decoder name indicates the file/compression type; in this case, wmv.

So I specified .wmv in my file name, ran my application, and I get a .wmv file that seems to play nicely, but it is still very large (800M for less than 20 seconds), and when I check the file's Properties | Details, there are no entries under "Video", it's all blank. So I am suspicious of the product I'm getting with this...

(12-20-2011 11:49 PM)Dave Wrote:  Properties of the VideoLogger, make sure VideoCompression->Enabled is checked/true. Above that is (TVLDSVideoCompressionItems), click the little button on the right there and you should get a new window probably listing one coded already. Select that one and check the object inspector, you can select a codec and set parameters for the selected codec there.

Regards,
Dave

Another update:

I've been having difficulty getting a quality capture -- I'm playing an MPEG video in the screen I'm trying to capture, and whether I use a TVLDSVideoLogger or TVLAVILogger, the resulting video file has goofed colors, as though a color distortion filter was added.

Same (bad) results on different computers...

(12-20-2011 11:49 PM)Dave Wrote:  Properties of the VideoLogger, make sure VideoCompression->Enabled is checked/true. Above that is (TVLDSVideoCompressionItems), click the little button on the right there and you should get a new window probably listing one coded already. Select that one and check the object inspector, you can select a codec and set parameters for the selected codec there.

Regards,
Dave
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: From VLScreenCapture to web ... any tips? - Dave - 12-20-2011, 07:30 AM
RE: From VLScreenCapture to web ... any tips? - Dave - 12-20-2011, 08:45 AM
RE: From VLScreenCapture to web ... any tips? - Dave - 12-20-2011, 10:10 PM
RE: From VLScreenCapture to web ... any tips? - Dave - 12-20-2011, 11:49 PM
RE: From VLScreenCapture to web ... any tips? - Ted Wagner - 12-21-2011 01:00 AM
RE: From VLScreenCapture to web ... any tips? - Dave - 12-21-2011, 02:12 AM
RE: From VLScreenCapture to web ... any tips? - BReeves - 12-21-2011, 02:23 AM