Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
VLDSImageDisplay - Method 'WndProc' not found in base clase
12-06-2012, 10:07 PM
VLDSImageDisplay - Method 'WndProc' not found in base clase
Hi All,

I've just installed Basic Video v5.03 under Delphi XE3, and when i go to build one of my projects which previously used an older version of Basic Video (under XE2) i get the following compiler error...

[dcc32 Error] VLDSImageDisplay.pas(66): E2137 Method 'WndProc' not found in base class

---
{$IFNDEF FMX}
procedure WndProc(var Message: TMessage); override;
{$ENDIF}
---

To double check i didn't have any old versions still installed i completely removed the older versions that were installed.

The Application is an 32bit VCL Application For Windows.

Any assistance here would be appreciated.

Cheers

Ant
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2012, 03:28 AM
RE: VLDSImageDisplay - Method 'WndProc' not found in base clase
Dear Ant,

Thank you!
This is a known bug in both XE2 and XE3. When importing older projects they tend to mark them as FireMonkey projects even if they are VCL projects. To fix that you can copy and paste the namespaces from another project into the project settings and make sure the project framework is set to VCL for the project (This is possible only with Text Editor opening and looking into the project file.)
Alternatively you can just create a new project and add the units from the old one.
You can also contact me over e-mail mitov@mitov.com if you need more help.

With best regards,
Boian Mitov
Find all posts by this user
12-07-2012, 09:10 AM
RE: VLDSImageDisplay - Method 'WndProc' not found in base clase
Excellent,

That fixed the problem. I have indeed upgraded the project as each new release of Delphi has been released (Believe it started with XE, possibly an earlier version).

Upon inspecting the project text file there did seem to be a bit of a jumble compared to a fresh project file.

Thanks for the quick response.

Cheers

Ant