Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Status bar does not update while video is playing
12-25-2012, 01:25 AM
Video Status bar does not update while video is playing
I'm using Delphi 2010 and Basic Video with VLDSVideoPlayer and VLImageDisplay.

I have noticed that the statusbar does not update while a video is playing. I have coded the status bar to display the current time as HH:MM:SS. I have noticed that when a video is playing the current time on the status bar stops incrementing.

When I click the "Pause" button the statusbar displays the current time as expected, incrementing each second. When I click the "Resume" button the current time on the statusbar stops incrementing again.

How can I keep the status bar time updated while a video is playing?
Quote this message in a reply
12-25-2012, 05:59 AM
RE: Status bar does not update while video is playing
Are you using StatusBar simpletext?

Had something similar long time ago and the way i fixed it was to use/define panels on the statusbar and use something like StatusBar1->Panels->Items[0]->Text = "00:00";

Regards,
Dave
12-26-2012, 06:46 AM
RE: Status bar does not update while video is playing
(12-25-2012 05:59 AM)Dave Wrote:  Are you using StatusBar simpletext?

Had something similar long time ago and the way i fixed it was to use/define panels on the statusbar and use something like StatusBar1->Panels->Items[0]->Text = "00:00";

Regards,
Dave
I'm using StatusBar panels and it works perfectly except when a video is playing. It has to do with the internal process that displays the video. It appears as though the video render process is CPU intensive and doesn't like to time slice with other processes.