Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DeInterlacing live video
03-16-2013, 08:36 AM
DeInterlacing live video
I have an A/V USB capture stick feeding in an s-Video signal from a set top box. Using the DSVdeoCapture demo application the television image displays nicely except for the lack of deinterlacing. Whenever the subjects in the image move, the interlaced lines can easily be seen. From what I've read it seems that I need a de-interlace filter to smooth out the effects.
1) Does VideoLab come with such a filter?
2) How do I modify the DSVdeoCapture demo application to include de-Interlacing so that the video ends up smooth when motion is occuring?
I would REALLY appreciate some guidance with this.
Thanks
-Rod
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-19-2013, 04:46 PM
RE: DeInterlacing live video
After 7+ months I could still use some advice on this subject. Anyone able to steer me in the right direction?
Given there's been over 1,000 views of this topic, I guessing others would like to know as well....
Thanks
10-20-2013, 08:29 PM
Hi! I think we all figured there's a multitude of options to deinterlace - just pick one.. Either DSFilter, DMO, FreeFrame, VirtualDub etc.etc. After trying some of these it turns out either there's no deinterlace option or it's non-configurable. But, VirtualDub is the best option i've seen (the videolab component). So put one on your form and get a deinterlace filter from http://www.infognition.com/VirtualDubFil...laced.html, i tried the area based one. Unzip etc, select 'Config...' or 'FilterFileName' in the VirtualDub component and browse to that filters folder, it should show up after selecting the folder. Configure and run.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Dave
10-20-2013, 09:38 PM
Thanks heaps Dave. Works well. Much appreciated! (Easy when you know how!)