Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Very large video size after mixing two small videos
09-30-2012, 09:02 AM
Very large video size after mixing two small videos
Hi there,

I'm just trying to mix 2 very small videos and log the final file. The size of the two video files are about 80KB each. But after mix and logging the final file size is more than 113 MB !

To get a decent quality, I had to set the video compression to H.263 or H.261 which results in a very large file. Setting the compression to Microsoft RLE results to a bit smaller file but with much lower quality.

I have attached a simple project which demonstrate the issue.

Am I missing a point here? I have n't set any codec parameter, I imagine the default value of such a known compressors are ok. (in fact, I have no knowledge of these parameters).

Please comment asap.
Thanks a lot!

Attached File(s)
.zip  Sample.zip (Size: 145.16 KB / Downloads: 0)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 12:17 PM
RE: Very large video size after mixing two small videos
Hi Mohammad,

Thank you!
You need to select a better compression for the logger. I advise you to use the DSVideoLogger for the recording and to use a high quality DirectShow codec. There are a number of choices, including DivX XVid, and FFMPeg.

With best regards,
Boian Mitov

(09-30-2012 09:02 AM)demo.80@gmail.com-1 Wrote:  Am I missing a point here? I have n't set any codec parameter, I imagine the default value of such a known compressors are ok. (in fact, I have no knowledge of these parameters).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply