This is a Beta Read Only version of this page. Please review and send recommendations to email@example.com. We will enable the editing as soon as we are happy with the overall Wiki site.
type TALASIOAudioDevice = class( TLPComponent )
class TALASIOAudioDevice : public TLPComponent
Visual C++ (MFC):
class CTALASIOAudioDevice : public CTLPComponent
public ref class ASIOAudioDevice : Mitov.AudioLab.Component
Captures from and sends audio to multiple channels of ASIO audio input/output device.
Use this component to captures from and sends audio to multiple channels of ASIO audio input/output device such audio board, modem, or soundblaster.
Audio Stream Input/Output (ASIO) is a computer soundcard driver protocol for digital audio specified by Steinberg, providing a low-latency and high fidelity interface between a software application and a computer's sound card. Whereas Microsofts DirectSound is commonly used as a stereo input and output for non-professional users, ASIO allows musicians and sound engineers to process their audio via Windows' computer software instead of external hardware.
ASIO bypasses the normal audio path from the user application through layers of intermediary Windows operating system software, so that the application connects directly to the soundcard hardware. Each layer that is bypassed means a reduction in latency, the delay between an application sending sound to the sound being reproduced by the soundcard. In this way ASIO offers a relatively simple way of accessing multiple audio inputs and outputs independently.
In order to use this component you need to have a device with ASIO driver. There is also an universal ASIO driver canned ASIO4ALL - http://www.asio4all.com that can be used with any Windows sound blaster.
- Enabled - Enables or disables the ASIO device.
- BufferSize - Specifies what should be the desired buffer size in samples for the Audio data transfer.
- MasterPumping - Specifies the masterpumping settings.
- Device - Specifies the device to be used for the Audio data transfer.
- SampleRate - Specifies what should be the desired sample rate of the Audio data transfer.
- InputChannels - Collection of Audio input channels.
- OutputChannels - Collection of Audio output channels.
- ClockSource - Specifies what should be the desired Clock Source for the Audio data transfer.
- UsesPostOutput - Indicates if the ASIO device uses post output.
- AvailableOutputChannels - Returns list of the available ASIO audio output channels.
- AvailableInputChannels - Returns list of the available ASIO audio input channels.
- OutputLatency - Returns the Output latency in samples.
- InputLatency - Returns the Input latency in samples.
- DriverVersion - Returns the ASIO driver version number.
- ErrorMessage - Returns the current ASIO error message.
- DriverName - Returns the ASIO driver name.
- Opened - Indicates if the device is opened.
- function Open() : Boolean - Opens the ASIO device.
- procedure Close() - Closes the ASIO device.
- function Start() : Boolean - Starts the ASIO device.
- procedure Stop() - Stops the ASIO device.
- function ShowDialog() : Boolean - Shows a device specific configuration dialog if available.
- function CanSampleRate(ARate : Real) : Boolean - Checks if the device can sample with a specified sample rate.
- ClockOutputPin - The clock output pin of the component.