Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Streaming of video and voice
09-11-2015, 06:02 AM
Streaming of video and voice
Hello!

Basically, I would like to make a chat room a-la Camfrog/PalTalk (but with a better business model which does not suck every penny out of customers...).

So, I need the following:

- Video streaming
- Audio Streaming

For both rooms and P2P.

I think I can do everything with these components, I am just not sure about the following things:

1) What components I need for video/audio streaming
2) What are the best practices to create code that works for both rooms and P2P. I think that, for the room, I need some kind of middle server - or is it just another client that then broadcasts? I gather that, if that were the case, it'd be just a case of getting the pins right, am I deluded?
3) Ideally, I'd like to be ahead of the game and would like to know how I can make the stereomix less of a pain for users regardless of the OS.
4) For Audio, it'd be interesting a filter that makes voice clearer (Audacity does this, but I am a noob and I have no idea how easy it is to do when you are streaming, I am not sure it's an easy or fast process).

Thank you for your time!

A
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2015, 08:25 PM
RE: Streaming of video and voice
Hi, did you check the VLVideoCompression demo? Might help you get started.

Regards,
Dave
09-14-2015, 07:36 PM
RE: Streaming of video and voice
(09-12-2015 08:25 PM)Dave Wrote:  Hi, did you check the VLVideoCompression demo? Might help you get started.

Regards,
Dave

Hi!

I'd like to "have a plan" prior to get the drums rolling.
Is an example that does this sort of stuff included?

Right now, this would be an experiment and very limited, just to see what I can achieve and with what configuration.

It would, in other words, have to be a proof of concept, ideally to install on a VPS just to see if it works the way it was meant to.

Thank you for your time!

A
Find all posts by this user