Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Pitch analysis and silence vs. speech detection with SignalLab
12-09-2012, 05:52 AM
RE: Pitch analysis and silence vs. speech detection with SignalLab
(12-08-2012 12:16 PM)Dave Wrote:  Not sure how this is done under VC/.NET but the VU-meter could or should have a ValueChange event or a callback function. That way you can read the current value and check. If included you could try have a peek at some AudioLab demos as well.

Hello Dave, yes in .NET c# is done using the callback function to the ValueChange event.
I am starting to like more and more the library and also the wire editor! Great tool.

I have another question. I think putting the 4 lines of the algorithm that I am implementing will help understanding my question.

I need to set at TRUE a boolean flag.
So my goal is to set FLAG = TRUE upon detection of:
(1) A pause of 400ms (using vuMeter + detectLevels)
(2) preceded by at least 1000ms of speech,
(3) where the last 100ms,
(4) contain a rising or falling pitch of at least 30Hz.

I can easily do (1) even without any line of code. I am planning to do the rest similarly or adding the minimum code required.

However, what puzzles me is how to consider the previous 1000ms of speech (provided that I select "speech" in the same way as (1)).

Then, by using Fourier, how can I compute (4) just for the last 100ms?
For raising and falling I mean selecting two points (may be min and max) from the FFT output and doing the difference.

What would you suggest me to use?

Your help is really appreciated.
Thanks!
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pitch analysis and silence vs. speech detection with SignalLab - angelcaf - 12-09-2012 05:52 AM