Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Monitoring mixer output
02-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Monitoring mixer output
I'd like to make an application that monitors the audio mixer output (so it captures all audio going to the speakers) and show a spectrum or VU meter representation.

I have downloaded the Delphi free edition (5.01), but for the life of me I can't work out how to "connect" to the mixer output. The audio input component only gives me line and mic inputs, not the mixer.
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2012, 10:59 PM
RE: Monitoring mixer output
Hi. When you put an ALDSAudioIn on your form, do you have a device listed (AudioCaptureDevice->DeviceName) called "What you hear" or something similar? If so, you can use that to monitor all audio-output.

Regards,
Dave
02-12-2012, 10:24 AM
No, the list contains:

None
HD Audio rear input
HD Audio front mic
02-23-2012, 10:21 PM
No other ideas on this?

Is there more support available for members that have bought the components?

Seems odd that there's very little activity here and no replies from the writer of the components.
02-23-2012, 11:56 PM
Activity has its ups and downs.

Not sure if there's another way for this, aparently having the right hardware makes some difference. A Creative Audigy 4 has the option to monitor the output, that's the "What you hear" device/input i mentioned.

Mr.Mitov is always busy, busy and even more busy so perhaps you can send him another email about this.

Regards,
Dave
02-25-2012, 12:38 PM
OK, that's a shame. I have no control over the end user hardware, so it needs to be independent of that.