Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
rstp feed
12-14-2011, 07:14 AM
rstp feed
Is it possible to input a rstp feed into the components?
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2011, 11:45 PM
RE: rstp feed
For what purpose?
12-19-2011, 12:00 AM
We have a video server that has an sdk that has an active x component that we use in Delphi. We need to use the motiv components to detect number plates , faces etc. we can't input the activex feed into the components. The video server supports a rstp feed so was hoping we could use this feed.
12-19-2011, 09:45 AM
I have had an email reply that says
If you have the image data you can feed it to VideoLab components using the VLGenericGen component f... (visit the thread to read more..)
But I don't see the thread here.
The activex component has some motion detection built in and I can get an image on the on motion event. The problem is I need a more sofisticated motion detection that need trigger very quickly.
For the Anpr application I need to detect when a registration plate has entered the area ( ie a vehicle) start processing the image to extract the reg plate number then stop anpr processing until another vehicle enters the area. Normal motion detection is fine for when on a normal road and traffic is glowing but when a vehicle is approaching a barrier we need to know when to start and stop the Anpr process.

Not sure if I could grab every image (25 frames asec) and pass this to the mitov components whether this would be fast enough. So far the Anpr can process approx 4 images per second.

Any ideas appreciated

Cheers stevew