NEW: OpenWire Editor is now included as part of the Firemonkey - VCL or .NET component packages!
The OpenWire Editor provides an intuitive, powerful graphical editing pane to build OpenWire applications simply by connecting components (FireMonkey, VCL, .NET) and making wiring diagrams. In the OpenWire Editor, the "wires" are like those connecting a TV to a VCR, or speakers to a surround system; the OpenWire pins are analogous to the jacks where you plug the wires in; and the OpenWire components correspond to the entertainment components (TV, speakers, etc.).
For a quick demonstration, watch this video:
For example, consider an application where you wish to play a video file and display the video on a form while simultaneously calculating its RGB histogram and displaying that on a Scope component. With VideoLab and the OpenWire Editor, you would simply create Form1 and add the components (AVIPlayer, ImageDisplay, Histogram, and Scope). Then, use you mouse to drag connections from Outputs to Inputs:
Visual Studio 2010:
Visual Studio 2012:
RAD Studio XE3:
The OpenWire Editor (above) allows you to build OpenWire platform applications by drawing such wiring diagrams. The resulting application:
- Opportunity to embed in your product, with custom licensing agreement
- Works with VCL or FireMonkey
- See the big picture of data flow throughout your application. While working in RAD Studio, the (Form) Design tab allows you to design your GUI, and the OpenWire tab lets you design and visualize the data stream paths.
- Round-trip synchronization of the Form Design tab and the OpenWire Editor. Any components added or removed, and any pins connected or disconnect are reflected in both views.
- Auto-arranges connection routes when you make or break connections. For example, the VUMeter below was connected to the Scope by dragging a line straight from one component to the other, and the OpenWire Editor routed the connection optimally:
- Edit component properties without leaving the OpenWire tab. The "tools" icon in the upper-right corner of each component gives you access to the major properties of that component.
- Simplified control of data flow. For example, the OpenWire pins carry not only data but transfer events, such as start, stop, and pause to other components in the stream.
- Simplified control of stream state. Connected StatePins share one and the same state. If a the state of one of the StatePins changes all the connected StatePins are changing to the same state. StatePins can be connected to one SourcePin, and/or to multiple SinkPins.
|OpenWire Editor for RAD Studio XE3|
|OpenWire Editor from the Monitor Volume Demo|
|OpenWire Editor for Visual Studio 2010|
|OpenWire Editor for Visual Studio 2012|
If you are unable to connect two pins, this means that they are not compatible -- they do not produce / consume the same type of data stream. To determine which pins are compatible, hover over an output pin and all compatible input pins will be highlighted.
Perhaps: it depends on the nature of your product. Contact Boian Mitov ( email@example.com ) regarding licensing a custom, embedded version the OpenWire editor.
NEW RELEASE: Updated RAD Studio/Delphi 10.4 Sydney version of all the libraries has been released!
NEW RELEASE: Updated RAD Studio/Delphi 10.3 Rio version of all the libraries has been released!
NEW RELEASE: Updated RAD Studio/Delphi 11.0 Alexandria version of all the libraries has been released!
UPDATED: BMDThread Delphi components
NEW RELEASE: Updated RAD Studio/Delphi 10.4.2 Sydney version of all the libraries has been released!
NEW! OpenWire Studio version Beta 220.127.116.11 is released.
NEW RELEASE: Updated RAD Studio/Delphi 11.0.0 Alexandria version of all the libraries has been released!
NEW RELEASE: RAD Studio/Delphi 11.0 Alexandria version of all the libraries has been released!
NEW RELEASE: RAD Studio/Delphi 10.4.2 Sydney version of all the libraries has been released!
NEW RELEASE: Version 8.0.0 of all of the Mitov Software products has been released!
The latest RAD Studio 10.3 Rio Update 3 compatible versions of Libraries and OpenWire Studio are now available on the site
The latest RAD Studio 10.3 Rio compatible versions of Libraries and OpenWire Studio are now available on the site